CARAMEL APPLE CHEESECAKE
- 1 21-ounce can of apple pie filling, divided
- 1 9-inch or 10-inch graham cracker pie crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup caramel topping (ice cream topping)
- 12 pecan halves, plus 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Reserve ¾ cup apple filling. Spoon remaining filling into the crust.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, and mix well. Pour over apple filling in crust.
Bake 35 minutes or until set. Set aside to Cool.
Mix reserved filling and caramel topping in a small pan and heat 1 minute. Select the apple slices and arrange them around the edge of the cooled pie. Spoon the remaining caramel sauce on top, and then spread evenly.
Decorate the top with the pecan halves and sprinkle with chopped pecans to finish.
Refrigerate to chill before serving.