CHERRY BERRIES ON A CLOUD
- 6 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-½ cups sugar
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 can (21 ounces) cheery pie filling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Preheat oven to 275F.
In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, beating on high speed until stiff peaks form (do not under-beat).
Spread evenly in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and do not open door. Cool meringue in oven overnight or 12 hours.
Beat cream cheese, sugar and marshmallows. Spread over meringue. Chill for 4 hours. Cut into 16 pieces. Combine topping ingredients; spoon ¼ cup over each serving.