Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless
- 1 cup penne, boiled
- 20 lettuce leaves
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 bread slices or ½ cup croutons
- ½ tsp chopped garlic
- ¼ cup Parmesan shavings
For the Dressing
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- Clean the lettuce leaves and roughly tear them into small pieces. Keep aside.
- Rub the chicken breasts with olive oil, garlic and seasonings. Pan-fry for 10 minutes, making sure that you turn sides. Remove from flame, let it cool for 10 minutes and then chop into cubes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degree C. Tear the bread slices into small croutons, and spread them out in a baking tray. Toss them with olive oil and season. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until golden.
- For the dressing, in a mixing bowl, whisk mayonnaise, garlic, vinegar, and salt.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the pasta, chicken slices, lettuce, and cherry tomatoes. Add the dressing and toss well. Check seasoning.
- Tip in the roasted bread croutons and finish with Parmesan shavings on top.