- 1/3 cup fresh whipping cream
- 1-½ teaspoons grated orange peel, packed okay
- 8 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate (not unsweetened), finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other orange liqueur
- 8 1-inch pieces pound cake
- 8 1-inch pieces angel food cake
- 8 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 kiwis, peeled, each cut into 4 rounds
- 1 small pear, cored, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large banana, cut into 8 rounds
- 1 orange, peeled and white pith removed, cut into sections
- 8 dried Calimyrna figs
- 8 dried apricot halves
- selection of skewers
Bring whipping cream and grated orange peel to simmer in heavy medium saucepan. Reduce heat to low. Add chopped chocolate and 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier; whisk until mixture is smooth. Remove fondue from heat and blend in remaining 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier.
Transfer fondue to fondue pot. Place over candle or canned heat burner. Using skewers, serve with cake pieces and fruit for dipping.