The Best Aroma Rice Cooker 2017
Are you seeking for more nutritious and modern methods to cook rice? If so, an Aroma rice cooker would be a perfect option for you
3 Best Aroma Rice Cooker 2017
Table of Contents
- 1 3 Best Aroma Rice Cooker 2017
- 2 Top 3 Aroma Rice Cooker Reviews
- 2.1 1. Aroma Simply Stainless 6-Cup Rice Cooker
- 2.2 2. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup
- 2.3 3. Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
- 2.4 Final thoughts
Are you seeking for more nutritious and modern methods to cook rice? If so, an Aroma rice cooker would be a perfect option for you. It has been a trusted and popular brand rice cooker for many a year. By using the Aroma rice cooker, you can reduce your cooking time by up to 50%.
I am a big fan of Aroma. Therefore, I have researched about all the different kinds of Aroma rice cookers available on the market. I have also searched and found the best Aroma rice cookers on offer and investigated their advantages and disadvantages as well.
So, now, let’s take a look at those reviews below.
Why should you purchase a rice cooker?
If you haven’t owned a rice cooker, before, and still not sure if you need one, then, let me show you some reasons why you should own one!
- With a rice cooker, your rice is always cooked
- Unlike cooking rice on the stove in a pot, which always seems to create a mess in the kitchen, with a rice cooker, you can make sure that your kitchen is always clean and tidy.
- Besides, a rice cooker can also be used to cook many other kinds of foods like grains and lentils for example.
- You can save a lot of money and time thanks to the rice cooker
- Although the rice cooker is less powerful than a pressure cooker, its compact size and design means it doesn’t use too much counter space
What should you look for when buying a rice cooker?
When purchasing a rice cooker, you will need to consider your household eating requirements carefully. How much rice does your family require? Will you need the rice cooker to cook just rice or would you like it to cook other grains as well? You will also need to consider the pot design, as well as its features and size.
The rice cooker uses the cup method to measure capacity. For the best results, it should be utilized at full or nearly full capacity. A small cooker can cook about 3 to 4 cups, which is suitable for dorm rooms, while a large one can cook up to 10 cups or more, which is very appropriate for more of a family gathering.
Rice cookers commonly feature one of those three design styles: egg shaped, cool-touch style or pot style.
- Pot-style rice cooker: If this is the first time you are buying a rice cooker, then, this one is perfect. This style of cooker is based on an original Japanese design with a removable inner pot placed inside the cooker’s body. The pot-style rice cooker also offers a removable and clear lid.
- Cool-touch rice cooker: With this style of cooker, you can lower the chances of injury because its outer shell is completely cool. Thanks to a hinge, the lid can be easily opened, and locked while producing and cooking rice. Moreover, the inner pot of this style can also be removed
- Egg-shaped rice cooker: The futuristic and sleek look of this style will surely attract you! Its design allows for digital programming. If you want to enjoy cooked rice of restaurant quality, then, this model is the closest one you will own to a commercial rice cooker.
You may also know that some electric rice cookers have what they call “fuzzy logic” and wonder about what the hell this means. A fuzzy logic rice cooker uses a computer chip to adjust cooking time and temperature.
Many standard rice cookers do not need fuzzy logic as they are time-based. However, for the best performance, the fuzzy logic technology allows for automatic parameter adjustment.
You should always choose a rice cooker with a non-stick pan to save time cleaning. Some kinds of cookers also offer utensils, such as steamer baskets or plastic spoons. Those models steam your vegetables at the same time you are cooking your rice, thus, making cooking much more efficient.
For a long time, the rice has played a significant role in many cultures, from sushi rice and Spanish rice to the Arborio for Risotto. With a good rice cooker, you can enjoy freshly cooked rice without having to monitor the pot constantly. Oh! what a blessing!
Top 3 Aroma Rice Cooker Reviews
1. Aroma Simply Stainless 6-Cup Rice Cooker
I have used this Aroma Housewares ARC-753SG Stainless Steel 6-cup rice cooker and I can assure you that it is a wonderful appliance and you should add this important appliance to your kitchen kit. There’s a lot more to this cooker than just cooking rice of restaurant quality.
Thanks to its convenience, I could also use it to cook oatmeal, stew, soup, chili and many more types of foods. I can’t help but cook delicious meals for my family because this cooker makes cooking so easy.
What are the main features of this Aroma Rice Cooker?
Surgical-grade Inner Pot: The inner pot of this cooker is made of 304 surgical-grade stainless steel. I am very pleased with this feature because it helps maintain the flavor and taste of the rice. Moreover, I don’t have to be worried about hygiene issues when using this cooker.
Compact capacity: I love the compact capacity of this product, which can perfectly cook two to six cups of various types of rice. When the rice is done, the cooker will automatically turn to keep-warm mode. Therefore, you don’t need to waste time stirring or monitoring the rice.
Spacious Cooking Pot inside a lightweight cooker: When I take into consideration the compact capacity of its pot, I have to admit that this cooker is just so light, only weighing a mere 4 pounds. Phew, I wasn’t hassled by those heavy pots made of aluminum alloy anymore.
- It is powered by a 980-watt motor, which consumes only 120V. I love this feature because it helps me save Compared with other products within the average price bracket, you will see that this one operates with very high efficiency.
- Its design is simple and user-friendly. You can make it work with just a touch of a button. Especially, the Keep-warm mode is automatically turned on when the rice has finished cooking.
- I only need a few minutes to clean it spotlessly because of its simple design with the removable inner cooking pot.
- This cooker comes with a serving spatula and a cup for rice measuring.
The Aroma ARC-753SG Stainless Steel Rice Cooker has received many positive reviews from customers. They are often amazed at its affordable price while offering such great benefits. However, this product only scores 4.1 out of 5 on the client’s rating because rice sometimes sticks on the bottom of the cooking pot. But I’m sure it isn’t such a major thing you should be worried about!
Instead, you can try my method – believe me, I’ve used it for years. First, I use clean water and a new Japanese bowl for rice rinsing. For the inner cooking pot, I add a tiny amount of extra-virgin olive oil on the bottom then spread the oil thoroughly to the bottom of the inner pot with my fingers. Finally, I add rice and water then let the pot do its job – the cooked rice is more than perfect!
There’s one thing you should remember: This cooker can only cook white rice.
2. Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup
I used to be fed up with cooking because it was so time-consuming and troublesome. However, until I bought an Aroma Rice Cooker, preparing meals for my family becomes a real joy. I highly recommend you include an Aroma 8-Cup Digital Rice Cooker & Food Steamer in your kitchen to make home cooking much easier. If you need a cooker of bigger size, you can choose Aroma Housewares 20 Cup Cooked.
What are the main features of Aroma Housewares ARC-914SBD 8-Cup?
Steam Tray: This cooker comes with a steam tray so that I can have healthy steamed food for my meals such as vegetables and meats. I can even cook rice on this tray, and it’s just so great.
Delay Timer: If you and your family are busy bees the programmable delay timer of up to 15 hours is so great. My husband and I work all day, yet, thanks to this fantastic feature, we can have steaming hot rice waiting for us when we arrive home from work. All I need to do is just add rice to the cooker in the morning before heading off to work, then set the timer and finally come back to a pot full of piping hot rice.
Quick Rice cooking function: You know that feeling ….. some days I’m just swamped with work that I just needed rice in a pinch. You won’t imagine how happy I felt when I found out this cooker features the function to cook rice super quickly. Selecting this mode, I could save so much time because the cooking is reduced by nearly half. I’m sure when your children are hungry and crying to be fed, they will never have to wait an hour for the rice to be cooked.
- I especially love this feature: it comes with a one-of-a-kind sensor logic techno. This means I can keep track of the food volume. Also, the cooker can automatically optimize the cooking temperature so that the food texture and flavor is fully enhanced and you can receive consistent perfectly cooked food every time.
- The inner pot is made from durable aluminum
- Its surface is non-stick, so cleaning this appliance is very easy
- The recipe booklet is just so usefu I can cook delicious meals without breaking a sweat
- The steam tray is made of BPA-free plastic, perfect for steaming proteins (meat, sides) and vegetables
- It’s an ideal cooking appliance for those living in dorm or apartment
The number of Aroma ARC-914SBD purchasers has reached into the thousands, in which almost everyone falls in love with at least one of its features. Among the most favored features is that the Aroma cooker can dwarf your time spent on rice cooking by half.
However, customers in general only give this product 4.1 stars out of 5 because there’s no slow cooking feature available. Also, some users are also upset by its lack of STS technology (as known as Saute-then-simmer techno).
Overall, this ARC-914SBD is a great rice cooker for home use.
3. Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker and Food Steamer
Aroma Housewares is a well-known brand known for manufacturing a vast range of quality rice cookers. And I’m proud to say that my list has included nearly all of their great models. Among the best rice cookers, I firmly believe that Aroma Housewares 6-Cup Pot Style Rice Cooker is the best of all: simple to operate, sold at a competitive price and featuring an incredible cooking capacity.
What are the main features of Aroma Housewares 6-Cup?
Simple One-Touch Design: I only need to press a button to cook soft fluffy rice and at the same time steam food.
Powerful Steam: I love its robust steamming capacity. Whatever the food is, vegetables, sides or meat, this cooker will steam food expertly and tastily within minutes!
Easy Clean-Up: Its inner cooking pot, as well as its steam stray, are safe to use in your top-rack dishwasher. I think this is so great! Cleaning up your cooker becomes even easier with this feature.
- It comes with a lid made of tempered glass, which gives you full view of what’s inside. Thus, you will have total control of the food you are cooking.
- Not just rice, this cooker is also a great choice for soups, chili, jambalaya and many more tasty dishes.
- It perfectly fits from two to six cups of various types of cooked rice
- It offers a small measuring cup and rice paddle.
Almost all customers love this Aroma Rice Cooker. Just like them, I am in awe of their wonderful features: decent rice cooking capacity, easy and simple clean-up, nice looking and tiny compact size. This product lacks certain features, for example it doesn’t have saute function. Nevertheless, you will agree with me that for such a competitive price, this cooker is unbeatable value.
Moreover, you can purchase replacement parts from Aroma – a great offering you can not find elsewhere. Among the replacements this manufacturer sells, I already bought two non-stick inner cooking pots for storage in case I drop or scratch one.
I’m sure your knowledge of the best rice cookers has developed with each review you’ve read. After getting informed about what a good deal is like, you should once again run your eyes over the reviews of the Aroma Rice Cooker to pick out the one you like the most.
From my perspective, I understand how such reviews come in handy when you get a little confused and spoilt for choice. So, I write this review and truly hope that you can find the best rice cooker that suits all your needs. Happy cooking.