Hot Apple Cider
Photo by Unskinny Boppy
- 1 gallon good quality homemade apple cider or apple juice
- Several fresh cinnamon sticks
- 1 or 2 small sweet red apples, sliced very thin
- 1 or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Pour the apple cider/juice into a large pot and drop in the cinnamon sticks. Bring to a simmer.
Into a small bowl, fill about half way with water and add the lemon juice.
Slice apples very thing and place in the water until the apple cider is ready to serve. The lemon will prevent the apples from turning brown.
When ready to serve the cider, remove a few apple slices at a time and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with a little cinnamon.
Pour cider into mugs and drop a slice or two of apple on top. Serve immediately.