- 1 package (1 pound or 16 ounces) of dark chocolate chips
- 1-½ cups heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup confectioner’s (aka: icing or powdered) sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 prepared chocolate pie crust or pastry shell (bake if not prebaked)
In the microwave, heat the chips and half (¾ cup) the cream in a dish for about 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to mix it until the chocolate melts into the cream and the mixture is smooth.
Let the mixture cool to room temperature and then add the vanilla and sugar.
In another bowl, beat the remaining cream (¾ cup) until it forms stiff peaks. Slowly fold it into the chocolate mixture, a bit at a time. Then pour the whole thing into the pie crust and refrigerate overnight.
Before serving, add a dollop of freshly whipped cream and something shiny, or some fresh mint leaves if you have any growing outside your door.