Mise en Place! It is an Imagine name to thousands of peoples, who are involved in F&B Job or F&B service. Mise en Place is one of the great and very important parts of F&B or for any restaurant all over the world.
However, according to me, if anyone wants to show or want to be great with F&B profession then he/ she has to must know What is Mise en Place?
Cleaning of premises (Dining Room/Coffee Shop:
Have to cleaning of premises properly, like Floor, windows, toilets and every useful things and place. Like:
- Opening Windows
- Vacuuming Floors
- cleaning guests toilets
- cleaning windows
- cleaning plants
- Removing any dirty equipment or line etc.
Cleaning you of Equipment and Utensils:
Have to clean all kind of crockery, cutlery, glassware and every useful Utensil. Like:
- Cleaning and checking all crockery, cutlery, glassware & usual small utensils.
- Preparing and filling sideboards.
- Filling condiments container (Salt, pepper, mustard, oil, vinegar etc)
Counter, Still Room and Dispense Bar:
Have to check everything like:
- Checking ice cube machine, coffee machine etc
- Renewing beverage stock
- Renewing linen stock
- Preparing butter
- Checking bread/pastry order etc.
Have to fix table layout and check it properly. Like:
- Checking table plan
- checking and placing table cloth
- Laying tables according to breakfast or dinner
- Arranging flowers etc
Final preparation and Checking:
Finally have to check everything of your setup and preparation properly.
- Checking table reservations and layout
- Checking sideboards, ice, water, condiments etc
- Checking K.O.T (Kitchen Order Token)/ Restaurant order
- checking individual equipment (bottle opener, matches, pen, service cloth etc)
So, if you want to build you best F&B career with F&B Profession or have to start F&B/Restaurant Business then, I think you have to know about F&B service, F&B and F&B Mise-en-Place properly to gain a best reputation all over the world.