Mulled Cranberry Juice
Photo by barnimages.com
Contributor’s Note: If you want a bubbly consistency (my mother) add ¼ c. of ginger ale to your mug or glass.
- 2 quarts (64 ounces or about 2 liters) real cranberry juice (not cocktail juice)
- 6 cinnamon sticks, broke in half
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup good quality spiced rum
- 1 medium orange, sliced as thinly as possible, for garnish on glasses or to float
Pour juice in a non-reactive pot (not metal lined). Add spices and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer from ½ hour up to 2 hours. Alternatively, pour hot juice into a preheated small crock pot to keep heated all day.
Serve in mugs or glasses that can take the heat and garnish with orange slices.