Walnut Spice Cookies
- Photo by Stiefen Schlingen Ingredients:
1 stick (½ cup)butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 medium egg
- ½ teaspoon good quality vanilla
- 1-¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- 15-24 half walnuts for topping (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
Using an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter together. Add egg and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Add dry ingredients and mix completely. Stir in chopped walnuts.
Spoon dough onto baking tray and top each cookie with a walnut half.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.