Best tatung rice cooker review- Best Cooker For Your Home
Nowadays, the marketplace of rice cookers experiences a flood of various products, models, and brands. Most of them come with a dizzying array of buttons and switches. Nevertheless, there’re so many folks, who just need something simple and nice, without having to read a long instruction of how to operate the rice cooker.
Now, in this post, we will have a glance at one such model Tatung rice cooker. Let’s find out what this product offers.
Buying guide for chooisng the best Tatung Rice Cooker
Table of Contents
How often you eat rice?
The first issue that you need to think about is the way you will use your rice cooker. For instance, what are the kinds of rice that you usually cook? How often do you cook on a weekly basis? Do you intend to cook other dishes in your rice cooker such as desserts, soups, etc.? Do you use your rice cooker as the steamer?
When you clearly know your reasons for using a rice cooker, you can search better. In case you often cook white rice one time a month, it probably does not make sense to spend your money on purchasing a pressurized rice cooker as Zojirushi.
What is your family’s size?
Before beginning shopping, ensure that you have an idea about the number of rice cups that you and your family need for a typical meal. In general, rice cookers often range from one to ten cups in capacity. Beyond that capacity, they’ll be mostly used for commercial purpose.
For a small family (2-3 members) or the single, a cooker, of which capacity is 3 cups of rice, is a good size. On the other hand, for a mid-sized family (about 4-6 members), a cooker with 5 cups of rice in capacity is an ideal choice, assuming that there are average eaters in the family. In case your family has more than six people, then, a 10-cup is a good option.
What special features do you need?
A rice cooker can do more things, not just cook rice. Most of the rice cookers come with at least 2 specialized functions for brown and white rice. As we have known the flexibility of the cookers, now, many brands are outing more wonderful settings on the rice cookers so that you do not have to experiment with temperature and time. Settings may include mixed cake, rice, slow cook, sauté, stew, soup, chili/ bean, etc.
Unluckily, some people will not have a use for the new features as they just only want to use this device for cooking white rice. Otherwise, there’re lots of people using an electric cooker every day and really appreciate the advance of cooking functions.
Is it easy to clean and use?
There’re some things that help a rice cooker much easier to use:
- Clear and simple instruction
- Well-labeled controls, which are easy to understand.
- A removable cord to make it much easier to store the cooker or to carry it to the table.
- Large handles to help it much easier to lift, especially when it’s full
A non-stick bowl for easy cleaning
The rice cookers often include a lid, an inner cooking pot, and insulating exterior. A popular material for rice cookers is stainless steel because this material is able to hold heat evenly and can be cleaned easily. The cooker’s exterior can be made of durable plastic or stainless steel as well. In case you want to watch the rice, then, a cooker with tempered glass lid is a good choice.
The fact is that different brands will offer different warranty. You shouldn’t buy a cooker, which comes with less than 1-year warranty because this will put you at risk of spending a lot of money on repairs if your cooker suddenly breaks down.
Moreover, always choose the cookers with long-term quality, which is proven, and with the longest warranty. In general, a rice cooker with stainless steel interior should include a longer warranty.
5 Best tatung rice cooker reviews
Tatung – TAC-6G (SF) – 6 Cup Multi-Functional Rice Cooker
This tatung stainless steel rice steamer and cooker offers various functions. It is perfect for preparing steamed seafood and veggies, or hot fluffy rice. Tatung – TAC-6G (SF) Multi-Functional Rice Cooker is very easy to use, just with one simple step, you can have your rice cooked. The capacity of this rice cooker is six cups of uncooked rice (or twelve cups of cooked rice).
Thanks to this product, a nutritious and delicious meal can be quickly made in just 15 to 45 minutes. On the other hand, the indirect cooking method utilizes the outer rice cooker’s water to cook, thus, regulate the heat evenly and maintain the food’s nutrients.
- Comes with a “keep warm off/on” switch,
- Features four different cooking modes to help users cook everything
- Indirect heating technology steams and heats the whole pot for more evenly cooked and delicious dishes.
- Durable stainless steel outer pot and inner pot, very easy to clean and is able to retain the luster over time.
- Easy to use
- A little bit more expensive than other cookers without the inner pot (or indirect cooking)
- The cooker’s inner pot is too small to steam on the rice’s top most of the time.
Tatung TAC-11KN(UL) 11 Cup Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Rice Cooker, Silver Gray
In case you have a big family, then, preparing the meals for your family members is not easy as a piece of cake. In this case, this tatung rice cooker – Tatung TAC-11KN(UL) 11 Cup Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Rice Cooker is the best choice for your family.
This multi-functional product serves as a rice steamer and cooker. It is an ideal solution for large families, where the demand for fluffy and hot rice is high. Nevertheless, Tatung TAC-11KN(UL) 11 Cup Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Rice Cooker is not only good at cooking rice but also perfect for steaming vegetables, seafood and a wide range of other dishes.
- Easily affordable
- Indirect heating system to preserve the taste of your dishes better
- Multifunctional cooker, which helps you cook rice, boil, reheat, stew and steam your meals
- Fast delivery
- Extremely durable stainless steel, everlasting shiny appearance
- Easy to use
- The lid is shaken when the steam tries to escape out of the cooker. Some users find this a little bit noisy.
- Requires more water when the outer pot is used
Tatung – TAC-10G (SF) – 10 Cup Rice Cooker – White Aluminum Cook Pot
This easy-to-use tatung rice cooker comes with a capacity up to 10 cups of rice to offer the best cooked rice for you. When the rice is cooked, this cooker will switch to the “Keep warm” mode automatically. Thanks to this, your rice is always kept at an ideal serving temperature within 6 to 8 hours. Tatung – TAC-10G (SF) – 10 Cup Rice Cooker can also serve as a steamer to offer users more wonderful options for various dining pleasure. The accessories included a measuring cup, rice spatula, and steam tray.
- Includes steam tray made of stainless steel, measuring cup and spatula
- Double heating function to offer better cooking
- Stainless steel accessories and inner pot
- Steams and cooks: seafood, soups, stews, rice, and others
- A multi-functional rice steamer and cooker with the warming option
- Easy to cook the white rice, however, for other kinds of grains, a chart of required water ratios for each grain should be included.
Tatung – TAC-06KN(UL) – 6 Cup Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Rice Cooker – Silver
This tatung rice cooker can save the space of your kitchen by serving as a crock pot and a rice cooker at the same time. Proving to be a perfect addition to kitchens or small kitchens, where you want to storage space and preserve counter. Tatung – TAC-06KN(UL) – 6 Cup Multi-Functional Stainless Steel Rice Cooker is made of stainless steel. It utilizes the indirect heating system in order to preserve the food’s texture and taste. Moreover, this product features indirect heating system, which steams and heats the whole pot. Therefore, your dishes are cooked evenly and are tastier. This rice cooker also comes with a steaming tray so that you can always steam your favorite dishes like vegetables, tamales, and dim sum, etc.
- The rice does not stick on the bottom thanks to its good design structure.
- Never splatters the sticky rice water nearby
- The inner pot is made of stainless steel, which is durable and good for user’s health
- Easy to clean, all you need to do is to clean its inner pot
- The rice’s bottom layer is always hard since it is closest to the heating element
- It is good for common cooking. However, it may be too small for making rice cake
6-Cup Multifunction Indirect Heat Rice Cooker Steamer and Warmer
This multi-functional tatung rice cooker and steamer offers 6 cups of rice in capacity. It is specially designed for the family use. Just in a short time about 15 to 45 minutes, a wide range of delicious and nutritious dishes can be made.
This rice cooker is made of stainless steel for easier cleaning. Moreover, its inner pot is also made of this material. 6-Cup Multifunction Indirect Heat Rice Cooker Steamer and Warmer can cook brown rice, white rice, soup, steam, and boil a wide range of food.
Its method of indirect cooking utilizes the outer rice cooker’s water to cook. Thanks to this, the heat is evenly regulated, and the food’s nutrients are well maintained. This product also features on/off switch for “keeping warm” mode.
- Suitable for cooking brown, sweet and white rice
- Multi-functional rice steamer and cooker with the warming options
- The accessories, steamer plate, inner pot, inner cover, and lid are all made of stainless steel
- Very simple
- Easy to clean
- Once you know the suitable proportions, the rice will come out perfectly
- After finishing steaming the rice, the warmer mode has to be turned on by hand.
- The measuring cup included with this steamer is not as equal as the standard cup. Therefore, you may have to spend a little of time to understand this.
Rice is friendly on our food budget and nutritious as well. It’s even much more enjoyable when it is effortless to prepare and when it tastes great. Therefore, do not hesitate to purchase the best tatung rice cooker as it is obviously among top best options available on the marketplace now.